At QuantShip, we are helping shipping companies make superior commercial decisions using proprietary Machine Learning Algorithms. We are crazy about Math and are passionate about solving the Trillion Dollar shipping freight puzzle using our novel and innovative technology.
Our team tackles challenges related to: realtime data collection; integrating data from a wide range of sources; develop algorithms and solve analytic problems across commercial shipping.
As we are onboarding new clients and rapidly growing, we are looking for a Head of Quant/ Technology who shares our passion in problem solving.
We are continually improving our techniques to increase the efficiency of global shipping and as the Head of Quant/ Technology, you'll draw upon your computer science, mathematical, and analytical abilities to develop complex and nimble code used to grow our business.
Your responsibilities may include any of the following, which will require you to exercise discretion and independent judgment:
1. Executing trading strategies based on patterns in shipping, commodities
2. Designing, implementing, and deploying Machine Learning algorithms on different shipping trade-lanes
3. Creating tools to analyze data across geospatial and terrestrial data for patterns
4. Shaping the future of QuantShip by building a team of rockstar technologists, who will be instrumental in transforming the commercial decision making of the shipping industry
You are talented, driven, and hungry for a challenge. You believe that there's no limit to what we can accomplish together in a creative, collaborative setting pairing passion with brilliance. If you find yourself constantly challenging the status quo and refuse to settle for a career that offers anything less, we want to meet you!
QuantShip encourages PhD, Bachelor's, and Master's students in computer science, mathematics, physics and related fields to apply.
Additional Requirements Include
1. Brilliant problem-solving abilities
2. First Principle Thinking
3. Quantitative modelling experience preferably in Python
*Quant Trading experience and/or interest in commodities and oil markets is a huge plus.